SUMMARY: what i learned this week, May 12-16
Things I learned this week…
1. There are rude people who don’t want to talk to you but you have to learn to deal with it.
2. When I ask someone a question and they go into a long 5 minute explanation giving background information and moving the direction of the conversation away from what I actually wanted to know, I need to steer the conversation back to my original question, rather than being like Oh Okay, and moving onto my next question.
3. Staying later on Wednesdays really isn’t bad at all when I get to leave early on Fridays.
4. I still transcribe and write at a very slow speed for fear of having nothing to do.
5. Payday is a very happy day, and so is Friday when I cut out my story clippings from the paper. 😀
6. Even if something is happening outside of work hours, offer to do it.
7. I would really be quite lost if I was asked to go to a sports game and write a story about it.
8. I need to work on my posture while sitting at work, as well as learn how to change my damn answering machine.
9. Writing up my blog during free time hours at work is a very good idea.
10. Read newspapers thoroughly, not only to become more informed, but to look for story ideas.
More next week…