SUMMARY: what i learned this week, May 19-23
Things I learned this week…
1. Story ideas are SO important.
2. People are often away from their offices when you try to call them.
3. Waiting for people to call you back (and not being sure if they will even you call back) is pretty nerve-wracking.
4. I’ve come to really look forward to Thursday/Friday early days.
5. My usual dependence on reading the newspaper to gather story ideas didn’t work this week… 😦
6. It’s hard to really have fun and enjoy yourself at an event, as fun as how a carnival should be, when your on the job.
7. Parents’ are usually pretty good about wanting their kids’ cute picture in the paper.
8. I not only read the Edmonton Journal, the Edmonton Sun, and the National Post every day, but I listen to Edmonton’s only All News radio station whenever I’m in the car now. (iNews880!) (Well, i switch between iNews880 and 91.7 The Bounce, Edmonton’s #1 hit music station, common now, can’t cut that off completely :D)
9. If the Internet craps out on you, you’re basically screwed. You can’t do anything.
10. Man abandoned me on Gmail. But I guess I am not as vulnerable without talking to him now. I’ve learned to manage my time pretty well without chatting on Google mail at this point.
More next week…